Tuesday 7 August 2018

Ferns Decison by Bea Paige

Fern's Decision (Sisters of Hex: Fern, #1)Fern's Decision by Bea Paige
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading the Accacia Trilogy I had high hopes starting Fern's journey and expected the great quality and story writing which were constant throughout Accacia.
I loved the premise of the story, I mean 3 hot angels of death... What's not to love!
But what let it down for me was what felt like a rushed introduction of the characters. Other than Blake, which had a more meaty beginning, Fern's meeting of Ether & Mihr felt quite sparse and I couldn't help but make comparisons against the first Accacia book. It all just felt a little too familiar but with less detail.
However, once we got past the introductions and the story found it's feet when the gang headed for the Shadowlands things became much more exciting. The connection between Blake and Fern was fantastic and full of so much pain and angst that it kind overshadowed the other 2 angels. Currently I would be happy if it was just the 2 of them going forward so I am looking forward to book 2 and getting to know the rest of the group a little better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment