Thursday 3 April 2014

Points on a Curve by Diane Nelson

Points on a CurvePoints on a Curve by Diane Nelson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although this book was a bit of a slow starter, I did find it quite ejoyable to read. However, I must admit i'm not much of a sport fan so the terminology was lost on me so I did find the book hard to read and understand in places.

The characters had great chemistry when they interacted but unfortunately this was few and far between in the first half of the book, they barely spoke to each other (out loud anyway) so I found the inner monologue and the few "almost" moments a little frustrating. They seemed to show more passion and interest in seducing the food than each other.

When the story finally kicks up a gear, the book was exciting and gripping and the chemistry between the characters really kicked it up a notch. I think this book would of suited a thriller/criminal Investigation novel better than a romance as the book seemed to be split between the two and I found the the Investigation side a lot more exciting than the romance, I found it a shame that this part of the story wasnt really implemented until the second half of the book.

So my totally honest opinion on this book would be that is an excellant thriller which I would recommend to anybody but as a love story...not so much.

I do think that Diane Nelson is an excellant writer and I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment